Our Client is currently seeking a Financial Systems Analyst (this is an IT role) to join the Finance team in Melville, NY. This person will support and maintain the clients' Financial Reporting System, serving as support to all groups and subsidiaries who use the system on a daily basis.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
• Responsible for ensuring the overall day to day functionality of the financial system
• Maintain SalesForce ticketing system for any updates or new requests
• Supports all master data maintenance and financial reporting activities
• Maintain Account Reconciliation Manager (ARM) Oracle application, as well as playing a key role in expansion of tool to other subsidiaries
• Support Vendor master data
• Reviews daily workflows in the financial system to ensure there are no errors, assists users where necessary, and maintains quality plans as needed
• Support month end close from a system perspective
• Assist in any system related ad hoc project development, deploying and training
• A developing professional, working toward full proficiency in the job role. Receives general instruction from manager on expected work outcomes and exercises good judgment in day-to-day matters
• Acts as a liaison with IT to resolve technical issues and ensure that they are dealt with in a timely manner
• Typically reports to a manager or Senior Manager, but may report to a senior professional individual contributor when business needs dictate
PLEASE NOTE: As a federal government contractor, we comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, orders and mandates. As a result, the person performing this role must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Company grants an exemption based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
• The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Finance/Accounting is preferred), or an Associate’s Degree with equivalent job experience
• Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience in a corporate Finance/Accounting environment with knowledge of financial transaction reporting and reconciliation. He/she must have a working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheet software
• Knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft Excel knowledge are both a plus
• Systems support experience a plus
**This is an IT role where the need is for someone with a Technical background an understanding of Finance and Accounting Management Computerized or Software Systems
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus